The annual New Albany Jingle Walk is a wine festival, scavenger hunt and a celebration of local shops all-in-one. The anticipation of this event builds as this marks the 12th year of Small Business Saturday festivities. Here’s what you need to know to get in on all the fun:
1. More than 13 shops will be participating in the event, each serving wine samples from various wineries. Bottles of wines will be available for purchase and all alcohol must be consumed while in shops.
2. Jump in the photo booth with friends at the Carnegie Center for Art and History (201 E. Spring St.) for a picture keepsake.
3. Participate in the Jingle Walk Scavenger Hunt to explore more shops and be entered in a drawing for one of the many prize giveaways.
4. The Jingle Walk is held in walkable downtown New Albany, Indiana, but you can stay at any hotel in southern Indiana and only be minutes from the action.
5. Each participant will receive a wine glass at registration and a booklet containing a map of the wine stops to plan their route.
6. This is a 21 and older event. A valid ID will be required at check-in located at City Square (202 E. Market St.).
7. Tickets for the event can be purchased in-person at 222 Pearl St. Suite 109, online at www.developna.org, or at the event. The event will be held rain, snow or shine. Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred.
8. Advance tickets are $25 for general admission (includes a commemorative wine glass and wine bag) and $35 for VIP admission (includes a commemorative wine glass, wine bag, a special gift and early entry of 1 p.m.) Tickets can be purchased online at www.developna.org
9. Since you’ll be walking from shop to shop, be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes and check the weather prior to dress properly for the event.
10. The event will be Saturday, Nov. 30 from 2 – 6 p.m. (1 – 6 p.m. with VIP admission). For more information please contact Develop New Albany at (812) 941-0018.