Abbey Road on the River in Jeffersonville
This year’s WAVE 3 News Abbey Road on the River Abbey Road on the River will be held across the river in Jeffersonville, Indiana after 12 years in Louisville. The festival will debut in its new location on Memorial Day weekend, May 25-29, 2017.
Top 5 Reasons to Love Abbey Road on the River in Jeffersonville:
- Proximity: Abbey Road on the River may be moving to a new city and state, but the new venue, Big Four Station Park, is only two miles from its previous home in Louisville. Since it's so close, Beatles fans won’t have to change their travel plans to enjoy the five days of peace, love and rock-n-roll.
- Explore fantastic new options: Jeffersonville’s exploding local scene, including its revitalized downtown (the nearby Spring Street corridor), boasts an abundance of restaurants, retail and hotels.
- Views: Pedestrians walking the Big Four Bridge ("Fab Four Bridge") will have a unique perspective. They’ll be able to look down at the festival site from the Big Four Bridge. And, festival goers will be steps away from the iconic Louisville skyline view as well.
- Boating access: The $3 million renovation to the Jeffersonville marina, now called Fisherman’s Wharf, houses 15 boat slips, 30 boat docks, and a kayakers’ area for daily access.
- Parking: 1,200 free parking spaces are within a half-mile of Big Four Station Park.
The 2017 festival will coincide with musical anniversaries: 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love and the 50th anniversary of the release of the greatest album in rock history – Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.
Wave 3 News Abbey Road on the River will celebrate the musical history milestones with a lineup of popular musicians from that 1967 summer: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone, the American rock band The Grass Roots, The Family Stone, Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere and the Raiders, and more.
To purchase tickets for this year’s event, visit the official WAVE3 Abbey Road on the River website.
If these hotels are full, please check out other nearby hotels in Clark and Floyd Counties.
For all Beatles merchandise, your first stop should be to the Abbey Road on the River vendors. We're sure you can find at least Four Fab purchases of the Fab Four. Merchandise includes:
- The Beatles licensed merchandise
- Flower Power Cruises
VIP discounts are available to all Ultimate Ticket to Ride ticket holders. Those who purchase the Ultimate Ticket to Ride will receive VIP discounts to the following merchants in downtown Jeffersonville, just steps away from the event.
If you've purchased your Ultimate Ticket to Ride, find out where to get your discounts. Download the VIP brochure showing the map and participating merchants.