Abbey Road on the River 2018
Beatles-inspired music festival
The WAVE3 News Abbey Road on the River festival will return to Jeffersonville on Memorial Day weekend, May 24-28, 2018 and will celebrate the 50th anniversary of The White Album. Many consider the wide-ranging double album to be The Beatles' quintessential album.
Headlining the event are Grammy-winning rock group America and the fathers of psychedelic rock Vanilla Fudge. The Beatles' primary recording sound engineer Geoff Emerick will also appear. Visit the festival website to see the entire lineup.
More than 50 bands from around the world will perform on eight indoor and outdoor stages at the five-day event. And with tickets starting at $20, it's an incredible value.
Get tickets to Abbey Road on the River
Bring the Family
Want to head to a music festival but can't find a babysitter? Go ahead and bring the entire family! Here are a few of the reasons why the WAVE 3 News Abbey Road on the River is perfect for letting kids burn off some energy.
- Let the kids play at Big Four Station Park's all-ages playground, - it's right next to the main stage
- Accessibility: The park has paved sidewalks - great for stroller maneuverability.
- Plenty of sweets and treats are nearby.
- Affordability: General admission tickets are just $20 if purchased in advance at www.AROTR.com with the discount code "Wave 3 News." They include free admission for a 21 and under guest. That means a family of four could attend the event for just $10 a person. Kids age 9 and under are always free!
- What really makes the festival family-friendly is the music. Younger generations may be introduced to The Beatles for the first time, or if they've seen the Netflix original series Beat Bugs they'll already know a lot of the lyrics. There are no profanities in the entire catalog of The Beatles' music.
Read our family friendly blog post for more details.
What People are Saying
Still wondering if you should attend? Watch the video to hear what visitors said about last year's festival:
Stay tuned for more information! Check out the festival in our calendar of events and find out how to purchase tickets.
If these hotels are full, please check out other nearby hotels in Clark and Floyd Counties.
For all Beatles merchandise, your first stop should be to the Abbey Road on the River vendors. We're sure you can find at least Four Fab purchases of the Fab Four. Merchandise includes:
- The Beatles licensed merchandise
- Flower Power Cruises
Big Four Station Park Map
Print and keep this map with you at Abbey Road on the River so you won't miss a beat! Key locations include: stages A, B, C and D, box office locations, first aid, Big Four Bridge access, the "Penny Lane" vendor area, a merchandise pavilion, and the shuttle drop-off location.