Abbey Road on the River
Beatles-inspired music festival
The WAVE3 News Abbey Road on the River festival will return to Jeffersonville on Memorial Day weekend, May 23-27, 2019.
We will update this page as information on the 2019 event becomes available.
Recap of the 2018 Festival
More than 50 bands from around the world performed on eight indoor and outdoor stages at the five-day event.
October 2018 Update
We were saddened to hear of the passing of recording sound engineer, Geoff Emerick. Read Melissa Goforth's story in the News and Tribune about his death and visit to Abbey Road on the River this past year. He talked about his experience with the Beatles in a sold out show. Geoff spent five days in Jeffersonville and by all accounts loved his time here. The feeling was mutual.
Want tickets to next year's festival? Click to purchase tickets to Abbey Road on the River
Bring the Family
Want to head to a music festival but can't find a babysitter? Go ahead and bring the entire family! Here are a few of the reasons why the WAVE 3 News Abbey Road on the River is perfect for letting kids burn off some energy.
- Let the kids play at Big Four Station Park's all-ages playground, - it's right next to the main stage
- Accessibility: The park has paved sidewalks - great for stroller maneuverability.
- Plenty of sweets and treats are nearby.
- Affordability: General admission tickets are just $20 if purchased in advance at www.AROTR.com with the discount code "Wave 3 News." They include free admission for a 21 and under guest. That means a family of four could attend the event for just $10 a person. Kids age 9 and under are always free!
- What really makes the festival family-friendly is the music. Younger generations may be introduced to The Beatles for the first time, or if they've seen the Netflix original series Beat Bugs they'll already know a lot of the lyrics. There are no profanities in the entire catalog of The Beatles' music.
Read our family friendly blog post for more details.
What People are Saying
Still wondering if you should attend? Watch the video to hear what visitors said about last year's festival:
Want more info on things to do in southern Indiana? Check out our calendar of events.
If these hotels are full, please check out other nearby hotels in Clark and Floyd Counties.
For all Beatles merchandise, your first stop should be to the Abbey Road on the River vendors. We're sure you can find at least Four Fab purchases of the Fab Four. Merchandise includes:
- The Beatles licensed merchandise
- Flower Power Cruises
Big Four Station Park Map
Print and keep this map with you at Abbey Road on the River so you won't miss a beat! Key locations include: stages A, B, C and D, box office locations, first aid, Big Four Bridge access, the "Penny Lane" vendor area, a merchandise pavilion, and the shuttle drop-off location.