See more: About the Area
- About Clark and Floyd Counties
- Getting Here
- Local Universities
- Visitors Guide
- Visitor Center
- Contact Us
- Special Offers
- Accessible Travel
Southern Indiana Climate & Weather
Southern Indiana has four distinct seasons. It’s best to be prepared for all types of weather.
What to Pack
- Spring can see warm days and cool nights, so it’s best to pack layers that you can put on as you need them. It’s probably wise to pack an umbrella and raincoat just in case.
- Summer generally comes early. Because we’re near the Ohio River, it can be humid. Light clothing is a must in summer!
- Fall temperatures can vary widely, so it’s a good idea to pack for contingencies. A sweater or light jacket should cover all your bases to stay warm.
- Winter months can see snow, so bring layers to stay warm. Sweaters and coats plus hats and gloves will keep you warm during winter.
Always check the forecast before you travel, and remember to bring good walking shoes.