When the summer heat is on, we’ve got fun ways for the whole family to cool off! Here’s where you can experience water play the SoIN way:
1. River Run Family Waterpark is equipped with cool water slides, a steamboat water feature, and a toddler wading pool, River Run’s lazy river is a relaxing getaway from a hurried day. River Run offers a family annual pass which is a great option for families who are poolside most of the summer.
234 West Daisy Lane, New Albany, Ind. (812) 948-5380, See more details on the River Run Family Waterpark
2. Visit Clarksville Cove Family Aquatic Center for splash pads, interactive play areas for children, a swimming pool, slides and a private area for birthday parties. And on not-so-hot days of summer, no worries, all the water at this aquatic center is heated!
800 S. Clark Blvd., (812) 280-2095, See more details on the Clarksville Cove Family Aquatic Center
3. Sellersburg Town Pool has become a fun option for families to keep cool every summer. This neighborhood pool has friendly staff, lap swim, pool slides and an open-door policy that allows dogs to take a dip too!
415 Oak St., (812) 246-8067, See more details on the Sellersburg Town Pool
4. Nearby Hurricane Bay at Kentucky Kingdom quenches any thirst for water fun. Looking for a BIG water experience? Experience gnarly waves of up to 6 feet in the Big Surf wave pool, get soaked at Buccaneer Beach, or just be lazy and float along Castaway Creek.
937 Phillips Lane, Louisville, Ken. (502) 813-8200; See more details on Hurricane Bay at Kentucky Kingdom
5. Celebrate summer at Silver Street Park fanciful splash pad. From the towering umbrellas to tiny frogs, children will get soaked in silly water fun. The park’s indoor sports turf facility, football/soccer stadium, basketball courts, and skate park are open year-round too.
2043 Silver Street, New Albany, Ind. (812) 948-5333; See more details on Silver Street Park
6. Ahoy, matey! Enjoy swashbuckling, splish-splashing fun with a 10-foot-tall pirate and eight other pirate-themed water features at the Charlestown Family Activities Park’s Sprinkle Pad. Skip over to the adjacent playground where a pirate ship-themed playground provides “arr’s” of pretend play.
1000 Park St., Charlestown, Ind. (812) 256-3422; See more details on the Charlestown Family Activities Park
7. Jeffersonville Aquatic Center offers serious swimmers an outdoor six-lane, 25- and 50-meter competition pools. This aquatic center also features two water slides, a zero-depth-entry family pool, and a “sprayground” for some serious water fun for the whole family.
2107 Middle Road, Jeffersonville, Ind. (812) 282-7946; See more details on the Jeffersonville Aquatic Center