The Scribner House, the first frame house in New Albany, was built in 1814 by Joel Scribner, one of the three brothers who founded the city. In 1916, it was suggested that Piankeshaw Chapter buy the Scribner home from Miss Hattie Scribner to use as a chapter house. The chapter purchased the property in 1917 at a price of $1,500. On Flag Day 1928, the mortgage was burned. The Piankeshaw Chapter is devoted to the preservation of this important part of our local history. Floyd County 3rd graders have toured through the house since the 1950s. The house is open for the Spring Main Street Walking Tour, during Harvest Homecoming and the first Sunday in December for the annual Christmas Tea and by appointment.
- Hours of Operation: Call for Tours