Southern Indiana comes alive at night! When the sun goes down in SoIN, the charming walkable main streets filled with boutique shops and cafes start bustling with live music, dancing, cigars, speakeasies and hand-crafted cocktails.
Here are some places to enjoy a nightcap in SoIN! Use the key below to find the perfect place for your adventure.
🍽 – Food Served
🍺 – Craft Beer Selection
🍸 – Specialty Cocktails
💃 – Dancing
🎸 – Live Music*
🌳 – Outdoor Seating/Patio
🎯 – Games
📺 – TVs
🐶 – Pet-Friendly, Outdoor Area
👶 – Under 21 allowed**
*Check for live music events on their website/Facebook
**Could change at different hours or sections of the bar
1. High Street Apothecary, Downtown New Albany 🍽🍸🌳📺🎸
- Hours: Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday open until 10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday open until 1 a.m.
- Experience: This speakeasy-style hidden gem offers a cure for everything with its “prescription” libations. The doctor’s office is filled with antique medical equipment and bottles that bring an elevated cocktail drinking experience. They’ve partnered with fellow local businesses, Board & You Custom Charcuterie and New Albany Sugar Shoppe, to offer patients bites to perfectly complement their prescribed cocktail.
- Can’t Miss: Live music!
2. The Earl, Downtown New Albany 🍽🍺🍸🌳📺🎯
- Hours: Sunday - Thursday open until 2 a.m.; Friday & Saturday open until 3 a.m.
- Experience: Self-described “upscale dive bar.” This modern shotgun style bar has an outdoor patio complete with ping pong. The Earl offers the best of both worlds with beautiful hand-crafted cocktails when you are feeling fancy and options like Hamm’s, PBR, domestics, and Old Forester Shots for $3.
- Can’t Miss: Paying tribute to the Bill Murray Shrine.
3. Pints&union, Downtown New Albany 🍽🍺🍸🎸🌳🎯👶
- Hours: Tuesday – Thursday open until 1 a.m.; Friday & Saturday open until 3 a.m., Sunday open until midnight
- Experience: Inspired by United Kingdom taverns, Pints&union is a progressively Old-World public house in downtown New Albany, featuring small plates, classic cocktails and comfort beers.
- Can’t Miss: Open mic nights and occasional Celtic music evenings.
4. Floyd County Brewing Company, Downtown New Albany 🍽🍺🍸🎸💃🌳🎯📺🐶👶
- Hours: Tuesday - Thursday open until 10 p.m., Friday & Saturday until midnight; Sunday open until 9 p.m.
- Experience: Floyd County Brewing Company transports you to medieval times. This local brewery /restaurant serves the best "food, froth and follies." Featuring indoor seating, an outdoor patio, 3 music stages, an outdoor pizza oven and biergarten.
- Can’t Miss: Catch a band in the elaborate “enchanted biergarten” and dance the night away!
5. The Alcove, Downtown Jeffersonville 🍺🍸🎸🌳📺🎯
- Hours: Wednesday – Monday open until 3 a.m.
- Experience: The Alcove is just a block from the Big Four Pedestrian Bridge (connecting Louisville and SoIN). The drink menu features amusingly named treats such as the 'Alcove Conference Call,' 'The Rashida the Cheetah' and 'Central State Pampelmousse beer.' This is a great place to wind down with friends or family, catch a game and enjoy the flavors of the season.
- Can’t Miss: Art events and themed nights.
6. Losers 812, Downtown Jeffersonville 🍽🍺🍸📺🎸 🎯🌳
- Hours: Open until 3 a.m. daily
- Experience: Offering live music, fun drinks and exquisite bar food with an 'edge', Losers 812 has all the amenities of a great time. Performances run the rock gamut from EMO to metal to punk. Grab your friends and enjoy billiards, corn hole or the mini arcade on your next night out.
- Can’t Miss: Occasional karaoke and video game tournaments.
7. PRIDE bar + lounge, Downtown New Albany 🍺🍸🎸💃🌳
- Hours: Tuesday – Thursday open until 1 a.m.; Friday & Saturday open until 2 a.m.; Sunday open until midnight
- Experience: One of SoIN’s favorite LGBTQ friendly bars, featuring daily drink specials, a dance floor, live music and drag shows.
- Can’t Miss: Drag shows and performances!
8. Hugh E. Bir’s, Downtown New Albany 🎸🌳
- Hours: Open every day until 3 a.m.
- Experience: Are you looking for a true local dive bar? This hole-in-the-wall is named after local legend, Hugh E. Bir who has owned this local favorite for over 50 years in the heart of downtown New Albany. Drop by on Friday and Saturday nights for live country music.
- Can’t Miss: A live performance by Hugh E. Bir himself!
9. Hitching Post Tavern, Downtown New Albany 🍽🍺🎸💃🌳📺
- Hours: Monday – Thursday open until 1 a.m.; Friday & Saturday open until 3 a.m.; Sunday open until 11 p.m.
- Experience: The Hitching Post Tavern has been a downtown staple since the 1980s. The owner says, “when you walk through the front door you feel like you’re walking into your living room.” Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner six days a week and daily drink specials, you could spend a whole day here!
- Can’t Miss: Chit-chatting with locals and staff, you’ll feel like a regular on your first visit.
10. Match Cigar Bar, Downtown Jeffersonville 🍺🍸🎸🌳
- Hours: Open every day until midnight
- Experience: Match Cigar Bar has an array of fine cigars contained in a large walk-in humidor. It serves a variety of cocktails alongside an expansive selection of whiskeys and bourbons. Local craft beers are also available on tap.
- Can’t Miss: An old-fashioned served in a smoke-filled cigar box.
11. H.M. Frank’s, an O’Shea’s Pub, Downtown Jeffersonville 🍽🍺🍸🎸🌳📺 👶🐶
- Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday & Sunday open until midnight; Friday & Saturday open until 2 a.m.
- Experience: A local Irish pub in the heart of Jeffersonville, just a block from the Big Four Pedestrian Bridge, offering “great food, libations and good times.” This local favorite has expanded to three locations in the Kentuckiana area since it opened in 1923.
- Can’t Miss: The Reuben or the Fish and Chips!
12. Pearl Street Taphouse, Downtown Jeffersonville 🍽🍺🍸🌳📺🐶
- Hours: Tuesday – Thursday open until 10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday open until 11 p.m.; Sunday open until 9 p.m.
- Experience: Pearl Street Taphouse has one of the best selections of Independent craft beer in southern Indiana. Serving lunch and dinner this spot also features hand-crafted cocktails and lots of outdoor seating.
- Can’t Miss: Their ever-changing beer list. Check online to see what’s new!
13. Hoopsters Sports Bar & Grill, Jeffersonville 🍽🍺🍸🎸🌳🎯📺
- Hours: Sunday – Thursday open until 11 p.m., Friday & Saturday open until 1 a.m.
- Experience: Hoopsters is your local sports bar. Serving up great food that’s easy on the wallet, this is where hometown fans go to watch their teams play. With almost every sports TV package imaginable, you’ll never miss a game.
- Can’t Miss: Cheering on your favorite team!