Visit Georgetown Drive-In in Georgetown, Indiana, for a nostalgic night of family fun to remember. This duel-screen outdoor attraction prides itself in an authentic drive-in movie experience that’s not only fun for the visitors of all ages, but also easy on the pockets. This local favorite is only a 20-minute drive from downtown Louisville and 10 minutes. from downtown New Albany and one of the few drive-in theaters still in operation in the U.S.
Use these insider tips to make the most of your trip to the drive-in:
- If your route requires you to cross the Ohio River, take the I-64 route to cross the toll-free Sherman Minton or Second Street (George Rogers Clark Memorial) bridges.
- Admission is $11 for adults, $6 for kids 6-12 and FREE for kids under 6. The box office is cash only so be prepared.
- The drive-in offers two movie screens that each play two movies for the night. Show times and box office hours varies, so be sure to check the website.
- Get there early to beat the crowd, visit the concession stand and enjoy the on-site playground. We suggest arriving at least 45 minutes before the show for a great parking spot near the front.
- The Georgetown Drive-In concession stand sells hamburgers ($3), popcorn ($2), hot dogs and other movie bites at reasonable prices. The concession stand does take credit cards, but there is a $5 minimum charge.
- Bring chairs and blankets if you decide to watch the movies outside of your vehicle.
- Check the weather forecast. The drive-in doesn’t give rain checks, so it helps to know what to expect.
- The Georgetown Drive-In provides two audio options for movie goers. You can either listen to the movie from your car radio (front screen: 95.1 FM or rear screen: 91.1 FM) or use the vintage wired speakers.
- Follow the Georgetown Drive-In on Facebook or visit georgetowndrivein.com for show schedules, coupons and special events like magician shows, Halloween costume contests or ‘Bring Your Dog’ days.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera and capture memories found only in SoIN.