Visit Georgetown Drive-In in Georgetown, Indiana, for a nostalgic night of family fun to remember. This duel-screen outdoor attraction prides itself in an authentic drive-in movie experience that’s not only fun for the visitors of all ages, but also easy on the pockets. This local favorite is only a 20-minute drive from downtown Louisville and 10 minutes. from downtown New Albany and one of the few drive-in theaters still in operation in the U.S.
Use these insider tips to make the most of your trip to the drive-in:
- The Georgetown Drive-In offers two movie screens. Each plays two movies for the night. Show times and box office hours vary, so be sure to check the website.
- Get there early to beat the crowd. We suggest arriving at least 45 minutes before the show for a great parking spot near the front.
- Admission for regular showings is $11 for adults, $6 for kids 6-12 and FREE for kids under 6. The box office is cash only so make sure you stop by the ATM machine before you go!
- The Georgetown Drive-In concession stand sells hamburgers, popcorn, hot dogs and other movie bites at reasonable prices. The concession stand does take credit cards, but there is a $5 minimum charge.
- Bring chairs and blankets if you decide to watch the movies outside of your vehicle. Be prepared to comply with the theater’s specific hygiene and social distancing guidelines.
- Check the weather forecast, as the Georgetown Drive-In doesn’t give rainchecks.
- The Georgetown Drive-In provides two audio options for movie goers. You can either listen to the movie from your car radio (front screen: 95.1 FM or rear screen: 91.1 FM) or use the vintage wired speakers.
- If you are traveling from Kentucky and your route requires you to cross the Ohio River, take the I-64 route to cross the toll-free Sherman Minton Bridge. Another toll-free option is the Second Street (George Rogers Clark Memorial) bridge from downtown Louisville.
- Follow the Georgetown Drive-In on Facebook or visit georgetowndrivein.com for show schedules, coupons and special events like magician shows, Halloween costume contests or ‘Bring Your Dog’ days.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera and capture memories found only in SoIN.