Family Fun in Southern Indiana
Do you need a family weekend getaway? Look no further, southern Indiana has family fun activities and attractions for all ages. Check out the itinerary below to get an idea of what a two day trip could look like!
- Morning: Enjoy a donut or breakfast sandwich at one of these well known shops - Adrienne & Co., Sweets by Morgan or Geraldine's Kitchen.
- Noon: Take a stroll across the Big 4 Bridge which connects southern Indiana to Louisville and eat lunch at Red Yeti Restaurant or Parlour.
- Evening: Head over to NoCo Arts & Cultural District to view the vibrant colors and watch the kids play hopscotch. From there go to the Falls of the Ohio to view 390-million-year-old fossils and get some air conditioning in their interpretive center.
- Night: Stay along the riverside and enjoy dinner on an outdoor patio. Check out KingFish on the River, Cluckers and Buckhead Mountain Grill.
- Morning: Call ahead to see which children's show may be playing at Derby Dinner Playhouse, an entertaining musical theater.
- Noon: Head out to the countryside to one of the largest wineries in Indiana, Huber's Orchard, Winery & Vineyard. Don't let the name fool you, there are just as many children activities as adult activities. A mile down the road, Joe Huber's Family Farm & Restaurant is a popular place to grab lunch.
- Evening: Take your pick of these outdoor recreation options. Take a hike at Charlestown State Park, Rose Island, Clark State Forest or even take a swim at Deam Lake.
- Night: New Albany's downtown is full of delicious dinner options, take your choosing then catch a late night flick at the Georgetown Drive-IN.