Climb aboard and cruise through the locks! This one-of-a-kind, highly requested river cruise aboard the Mary M. Miller is unlike any other experience we offer, allowing guests the first-hand experience of passing through the McAlpine Locks. Built in the 1920s, the McAlpine Locks are the only way to safely navigate past the Falls of the Ohio, the only obstruction along the Ohio River… which spans 981 miles throughout six states!
While onboard, you will be treated to a special narration about the history of the locks and what is happening as we pass through them, in addition to a delicious boxed lunch. After passing through the locks, we will cruise further downriver before returning to the Louisville Wharf.
(Please note that if river conditions or river traffic prohibit going through the McAlpine Locks, we will take a cruise upriver instead. The return time may be later than estimated based on when we can get in and out of the locks.)
Lunch options include:
- Homemade Pimento Cheese with lettuce and tomato on country white bread
- Bluegrass Chicken Salad with craisins and pecan on honey wheat
- Club Croissant: Honey ham, smoked turkey, maplewood bacon, American cheese, romaine lettuce and roma tomato on croissant
- Greek Vegetable Wrap: Stuffed with hummus, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, feta, olives and pepperoncinis.
- Greek Vegetable Wrap: Wrap with NO FETA stuffed with hummus, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, olives and pepperoncinis.
Each meal option includes an Italian Garden Pasta Salad, Chips, Pickle Spear, water and lemonade. Infants will receive a voucher for a hot dog and chips.
This special event aboard the Mary M. Miller runs from 12:30 P.M. to 3:30 p.m. on August 28, 2022.Tickets are $45.99 for adults (15-64) & $44.99 for seniors (65+); $28.99 for children (5 – 14); free ticket for children 4 & under.