Join us at the Cultural Arts Center for Gallery Drawing! From 4:30 to 6:45, with drawing materials available for use! Discover details in a work of art as you draw from observation–a tradition that goes back to the Romans who believed replicating Greek sculptures was the best way to learn. We continue to see this practice through the Renaissance. The Cultural Arts Center invites you to join the tradition and draw the art in our current exhibition.
A demonstration will take place during the duration of the Drop-In Gallery Drawing, with breaks to answer questions and assist participants.
Below are a few notes about drawing in the galleries to best preserve the artwork on view! Please feel free to call or email with any questions you may have.
- The only media allowed for sketching are pencils (no softer than a 4B graphite pencil), Conte crayons, and colored pencils.
- The following media are NOT permitted: charcoal, oil pastel, felt-tip marker, pastels, ink, fountain pens, fixatives, and sprays of any type.
- We request sketch pads smaller than 24”x36”.
- Individuals sketching should remain a minimum of five feet away from the artwork.
- Easels are not permitted in our galleries.