It's the second annual 5K FOR KIDS to benefit the kids (all ages welcome, wine for 21+) with 99.7 DJX, 102.3 Jack FM, ALT 105.1, Magic 101.3, and B96.5! This family-friendly 5K race is on June 26 at Huber’s Orchard and Winery. Your registration includes the beautiful winding course of the orchard and farm, a runner's buff, medal, and glass of wine or sangria from Huber's (for all participants 21 and over. Any participant under 21 or who does not want an alcoholic option will receive a Huber's cookie.). Safety is our number one priority so extra measures will be in place for every runner. Plus, $5 from every ticket sold will benefit RONALD McDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES OF KENTUCKIANA. Break out of the house, help kids, and have some socially responsible fun! From Frank Otte Nursery, Dr. Black's Eye Associates, 99.7 DJX, 102.3 Jack FM, ALT 105.1, Magic 101.3, and B96.5.
Safety for everyone is our number one priority so extra measures will be put in place for every runner:
- Start times will be staggered, with no more than 40 participants starting at one time. You will sign up for your start time when you sign up for the event.
- Runners need to stay in their car or run solo to warm up until 5 minutes before their designated start time.
- Packets with bibs and timing chips will be mailed the week before the race.
- Please bring your own water to carry with you as you participate. There will be no water stops along the course.
- Post-race goodies, including a bottle of water and snacks, will be pre-packaged.
- If you are feeling under the weather or have a fever of any level, we ask you not to participate on race day.
The 5K FOR KIDS will benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana (RMHCK). RMHCK provides the home and support that allows families to stay together while they focus on the healing of their sick children at a critical time. The RMH began with 19 guest rooms in 1984. As the need grew, so did they. In 2003, RMHCK expanded to 29 rooms, and then expanded again in 2009, this time to 36 guest rooms, each accommodating up to four people. Their latest expansion, completed in 2020, took us to 56 guest rooms. Your support of the House during these tough times will allow them to continue to provide the support so many families need.