Despite snowy weather, the Bureau’s Annual Meeting was held Wednesday, Jan. 20th at the Calumet Club in New Albany.
During the program, board attorney, Jack Vissing installed the 2016 officers. Jim Epperson reviewed the tourism and Bureau highlights, and new Board of Managers’ president, Cindy Knopp, presented the Board’s vision for 2016.
President: Cindy Knopp
Vice President: Tony Singleton
Secretary: Rick Lovan
Treasurer: Carlene Bottorff
- Room demand increased 5.6%
- RevPar (Revenue Per Available Room) – up 9.7%
- Total hotel revenue: $46 million
Leisure Market Metrics
- Website: unique visitors increased 104% over 2014
- Facebook likes: 104% of goal
- Media exposure/destination stories: 120% of goal
- Email newsletter distribution: 185% of goal
- 4,759 guest served at Visitor Center
- 3881 leisure leads obtained
Motorcoach Group Metrics
- 209 tour operator leads – 133% of goal
- 134 group leader leads generated – 268% of goal
An annual report will be published to recap 2015 in more detail. Check future newsletter issues for more information.